Why invest in Downtown Helena, Inc.
Downtown Helena, Inc., your dynamic Downtown membership group, is committed to:
- promoting and publicizing Downtown Helena in our community
- encouraging and developing a spirit of cooperation among members
- establishing and developing cooperative advertising and promotional campaigns and activities
- fostering favorable public relations for Downtown Helena in various communities, organizations and agencies in the area served by Downtown Helena
Annual Membership Fees
Membership in DHI begins in July of each year; fees can be prorated for members joining later in the year. You may pay the fee in full or make payments.
$275 Regular Member
A regular member is a for profit business enterprise located in the general downtown area.
$150 Affiliate Member
An affiliate member is either a home-based or mobile business for the sole purpose to participate in Downtown Helena, Inc. special events and activities (A.K.A. Seasonal Member).
$100 Nonprofit Member
A non-profit member is an entity who meets federal non-profit status.
$50 Individual Member
An individual member is any individual who meets with the approval of the Board of Directors as “Friend of Downtown Helena” that does not qualify as for profit or non-profit business. Examples are philanthropists, matrons and patrons, interested citizens, etc.
Within the past years, Downtown has seen many new businesses spark change in our Downtown. We continue to evolve as an organization; to do this DHI not only needs your financial support, your group needs your participation. General membership meetings are the third Wednesday morning of every month at 8:30 am in the Chamber Building at 225 Cruse Ave. Many other committees — retail, special events, membership — also need your support to help make Downtown Helena happen.
Downtown Helena, Inc. has built a strong reputation as the leader and centerpiece for retail, financial, professional, entertainment, dining and cultural activities in our community. Downtown Helena is a living history with its unique architecture attracting visitors, shoppers, employees, and businesses that foster the spirit that Downtown Helena is good for business.
As an active member of Downtown Helena, Inc., you are invited and encouraged to:
- Network and build valuable relationships with other Downtown businesses
- Take advantage of our cooperative advertising program for TV, print, newsletter, and on-line services for special retail promotions.
- Participate in the successful DHI electronic gift card program
- Participate in DHI sponsored programs, events, and promotions.
- Given a page on the new Downtown Helena website (www.downtownhelena.com), as well as links to your website/Facebook.
- Optional inclusion in the Do You Know? weekly e-newsletter that provides timely information on upcoming events, announcements, promotions, and issues related to downtown business (widely distributed around town)
- Play an active voice in developing public policy affecting Downtown Helena and its members
- A comprehensive marketing program promoting Downtown Helena as a one-of-a-kind tourist & business destination.
- Volunteer opportunities of all kinds, from events to committees.
- Support and participation in nationally recognized events such as the Mount Helena Music Festival, Spring & Fall Art Walks, Holiday Stroll Weekend, Alive @ Five Summer Series, and Kids Fall, Spring, & Summer Fests.
- Participation in other local programs DHI organizes for minimal to no costs to members are the Little Tykes Trick or Treat, Holiday Stroll Weekend, Breakfast with Santa, Hanging Flower Baskets, Mother’s Day Carnation Program, Trolley to Trails, Clean and Safe Program, and individual business flower barrels.
- Through emails, newsletters, meetings, and networking, DHI members are always in the loop on upcoming events and happenings in the Downtown area and have opportunities to participate in and/or influence what goes on in Downtown Helena.
For more information on becoming a member of Downtown Helena, Inc. call (406) 447-1535.