Alive at Five Sound RFP
Request for Proposal
Sound Reinforcement Services for Alive at Five
Downtown Helena Inc. is requesting proposals for independent contractor(s) to provide sound reinforcement for our 2020 Alive at Five concert series, a total of 11 concerts. The requested services are for a proposed contract term of one year and renewable for two (2) one (1) year terms.
Downtown Helena Inc. (DHI) is a 501(c)6 non-profit business membership organization established in 1964. The mission of DHI is to promote and publicize Downtown Helena in our community, encourage and develop a spirit of cooperation among members, establish and develop cooperative advertising and promotional campaigns, and foster favorable public relations.
Proposals are due at 5:00 p.m. on February 28, 2020. Proposals may be submitted to Nick Hawksley, Events Coordinator, using one of the following methods:
- Electronic Delivery: submit proposal in PDF format to [email protected].
- Mail Delivery: submit proposal to Nick Hawksley, Downtown Helena Inc., 318 Fuller Ave., Helena, MT 59601.
- Mailed proposals must be postmarked no later than February 28, 2020.
Downtown Helena Inc. has provided the annual Alive at Five concert series since 1997. Concerts are held in two downtown Helena parks: Women’s and Pioneer. The series is a popular family friendly community event, attracting 800-1500 people at each concert. A variety of musical entertainment, including Rock, Latin, Country, Soul, Jazz, and cover bands are showcased.
The event takes place every Wednesday starting in June for eleven consecutive weeks. The 2020 schedule is as follows:
- June 3 Women’s Park
- June 10 Pioneer Park
- June 17 Women’s Park
- June 24 Pioneer Park
- July 1 Women’s Park
- July 8 Pioneer Park
- July 15 Women’s Park
- July 22 Pioneer Park
- July 29 Women’s Park
- August 5 Pioneer Park
- August 12 Women’s Park
Scope of Work
A. Contractor shall serve as the stage manager for the event and furnish audio equipment and an audio technician to operate said equipment for the duration of the event. Contractor will ensure the events start and end on time, and when the occasion arises, will ensure special performances during band breaks are accommodated.
B. DHI will provide a parking space for the truck and trailer owned by Contractor. The truck and trailer shall be parked in their designated parking spaces prior to the start of the event.
C. Bands play music from 5:30-8:30 p.m. with one half hour break.
D. DHI retains the right to modify the dates or times of the series without violating the terms of this contract.
E. Sound system will be set and ready to operate by the event start time, and a professional sound technician will be physically and mentally present at the soundboard for the duration of each performance to oversee sound quality.
F. Contractor shall furnish the necessary audio equipment to provide adequate sound to the entire Park location area, including underneath the pavilion and outdoor audience areas (consisting of the amphitheater and surrounding hills and lawn areas) or substitute, at their own expense. Equipment of comparable quality shall include:
- RDP HDL-10A (4)
- EAW FR250z (2)
- Mackie SRM450 V2 (2)
- Mackie SRM450 V1 (4)
- Mackie HD1521 (1)
- Behirnger x32 Produce Rentair (1)
- Mic, Di, Cable and Stand Package (1)
- All other needed supplies
G. Contractor will contact each performing group at least one week prior to its scheduled appearance to confirm sound system needs, to ensure a sufficient amount and style of sound reinforcement equipment is on hand, and to confirm staging needs. Staging needs will then be communicated to the appropriate committee or staff members. DHI shall furnish Contractor with performers’ names, addresses and phone numbers prior to the start of the season to permit Contractor ample time to contact the various performing groups for the purposes set forth in this agreement.
H. Contractor is expected to provide services and equipment each week, regardless of weather. DHI shall notify Contractor by 10 a.m. on Wednesdays if the event is cancelled due to weather.
I. Contractor shall bear the risk for all damages to audio equipment and/or other property and shall be considered an Independent Contractor. DHI shall bear the risk for all injuries or damages to persons, including performers, and other persons’ property.
Submitted proposals should include:
- Name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and website of the primary point of contact(s) with the authority to bind the applicant.
- Cover letter outlining specific qualifications to provide concert sound reinforcement services.
- Letter should also describe how proposer will provide excellent customer service to the DHI staff and performance bands.
- Work history within the last two years, including history of work previously completed by similar clients within the two-year period.
- Detailed list of proposed sound and lighting equipment, including fees
- Reference list that includes contact information of at least two persons and/or entities that can be contacted regarding qualifications and experience. References must have been worked with in the last two years.
- Any objections to the proposed form of contract.
The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
|RFP Released||January 16, 2020|
|Proposal Due Date||February 28, 2020|
|Intended Date for Contract Award||March 31, 2020|
|Dates of Contract Execution||Every Wednesday starting June 3 for 11 weeks|
Downtown Helena Inc. will rate proposals based on the following factors, with cost being the most important factor:
- Responsiveness to the requirements set forth in the Request for Proposal
- Relevant past performance/experience
- Samples of work
- Cost, including a breakdown of equipment and services
Downtown Helena Inc. reserves the right to award the bidder that presents the best value of the DHI as determined solely by the DHI in its absolute discretion.