Downtown Helena, Inc. and Point S Tire & Auto are excited to announce the First Annual Septemberfest Soapbox Derby on Saturday, September 25th!
To register your soap box car, visit the full website HERE.
Soap Box Derby Car Specs
- Vehicles must have 1 driver, and up to 2 pushers. Pushing must happen from the back and for only a portion of the course (approx 80 feet)
- Vehicles can be no more than 4 feet wide, 5 feet tall, and 10 feet long.
- Vehicles can weigh no more than 200 pounds, excluding the driver.
- Vehicles must have fully functioning brakes and steering. Braking with feet is prohibited. Brakes can’t be on the steering axle and must be connected to and operate at least 2 of the wheels.
- Prefab vehicles or modified prefab vehicles are prohibited.
Schedule of Events
- 3:00 pm: Racing heats start.
- The course will start on Cruse Ave next to the Chamber of Commerce, then proceed down 6th Ave to end at Last Chance Gulch.
- 4:00 pm: Beer garden open
- Sample some amazing Oktoberfest-style beers from local breweries at our beer garden in Constitution Park.
- 5:30 pm: Goldy Vox plays downtown.
- This Indie pop cover band will be cranking out the tunes all evening.
- 6:30 pm: Award ceremony
- Fastest car. Funniest car. Best-designed car. Just a few of the awards available thanks to Point S Tire & Auto.
- 8:00 pm: Conclusion of event
It’s going to be a fun race day, and even better we’ll have amazing food available from the following local food trucks:
We’ll also be showcasing local Helena non-profits throughout the day, so be sure to check out their stand to learn more about how they’re serving the Helena community:
- Helena Area Community Foundation
- Life Houses
- Montana Free Press.
- Prickly Pear Land Trust
- Wild Montana
Finally, we could use help from our downtown businesses in pulling this off! We have some great sponsorship opportunities and fun ways to show off your support during the event, so click on the following link Septemberfest Sponsorship_2021 to download the sponsorship and benefits listing.