The Spring Window Art Walk is coming back on May 14th!
Since we can’t quite safely get together just yet, we’ll be again supporting local downtown businesses and artists here in Helena. And what better way to do so than to show off our business storefronts and great local artistic talent we have right here.
The theme for this year will be Adventure Safely.
This is an opportunity to showcase our local artists, your business, and connect with the community that supports us all. This year we’re giving out some great prizes as well. The winning artist will get $200, while the winning business will receive a $300 membership for free in 2021.
Artists are asked to have their art up on window fronts by May 12th so that we can provide social media exposure to your art and that of the business front.
The deadline to apply is April 30th. Please sign up using the form below. In the meantime, here are some tips and advice about window painting:
- This 11 min video makes window painting look easy
- Clean the outer glass surface.
- Start with a base white/eggshell layer to cover the entire painted surface.
- Add elements on top of the white/eggshell surface.
- Let each layer dry.
- Use black paint as an outline upon finishing.
- We recommend purchasing 4-6 bottles of paint (White, Black, and Primary Colors) and a variety of foam brushes, as well as Windex, paper towels, marker and tape, and paint cups (Solo cups can work).
- We will not be providing ladders or protective gear.
- It is your responsibility to clean your work area of any materials or trash.