Volunteer for Downtown Helena Events
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Downtown Helena’s events! We rely on the help of many wonderful volunteers throughout the year.
Email our program coordinator if you are interested in volunteering at one of these great events:
- Wedding Stroll | Saturday, March 11, 2017
- Spring Art Walk | Friday, May 12, 2017
- Alive at Five | Every Wednesday, June, July, & August, 2017
- Fashion’s Night Helena | Friday, September 22, 2017
- Kids’ Fall Fest | Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Little Tykes Trick-or-Treat | Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Fall Art Walk | Friday, November 3 2017
- Parade of Lights | Friday, November 24, 2017
- Small Business Saturday | Saturday, November 25, 2017
- Breakfast with Santa | Saturday, December 9, 2017
Recurring volunteer opportunities
Jobs that require some muscle:
Fencing set-up/Fencing tear-down – Help load, unload, set-up fencing, take-down fencing and reload into trailer: EVENTS: Parade of Lights: fencing runs along the entire Walking Mall to the Library; Alive at Five: fencing is placed around parameter of event and around the beer garden; stage and tent also physically demanding to set-up; Fall Kids’ Fest: fencing around pumpkin patch
**Physical labor, standing, carrying, and more.
Jobs that require long periods of walking and/or standing:
Family-friendly – Help direct children/families to Playable Playground; engage with sidewalk chalk, hula-hoops, and other items. EVENTS: Fall Kids’ Fest; Alive at Five
**A great opportunity to join in on an event while also playing games and having fun with kids.
Alcohol/Beverage Servers – Must be at least 21 years of age, able to stand and move quickly for the entire shift—enjoy serving the public! EVENTS: Alive at Five
Alcohol Wrist Band Sales — Must be at least 21 years of age and you will be checking ID’s as you sell wrist bands for the beer garden. EVENTS: Alive at Five