Request for Proposal Banners
Request for Proposal
Installation of Downtown Banners
Introduction & Background
The Helena Business Improvement District (HBID) is in need of a company willing to install and repair the Downtown Helena decorative pole banners and is accepting proposals in response to this Request for Proposal (RFP) in order to find a qualified source to provide this service four to six times a year. Our objective is to find a reliable company who is efficient and cost effective while willing to be on call to perform the duty within a two-week window provided by the HBID.
Submission Guidelines & Requirements
- Only qualified companies with prior experience on said projects shall submit proposals in response to this RFP.
- Bidders intent on submitting a proposal should so notify the HBID Executive Director, Micky Zurcher, no later than February 28, 2020.
- Bidders must list comparative projects, including equipment used, to perform the routine installation and repair of banner mounts as part of their response including references for each.
- A price proposal must be provided for each installation. Repairs may be called upon at any given time and that price should be included in this RFP.
- If you have a standard set of terms and conditions, please submit them with your proposal. All terms and conditions will be subject to negotiation.
- Proposals must be received by February 28, 2020 to be considered.
- The Helena Business Improvement District anticipates awarding the company by mid- March 2020 with the first installation change out to occur by April 15, 2020.
Proposals are due at 5:00 p.m. on February 28, 2020. Proposals may be submitted to Micky Zurcher, Executive Director, using one of the following methods:
- Electronic Delivery: submit proposal in PDF format to [email protected]
- Mail Delivery: submit proposal to Micky Zurcher, Helena Business Improvement District, 318 Fuller Ave., Helena, MT 59601.
- Mailed proposals must be postmarked no later than February 28, 2020.
The HBID’s banner program intent is to
- Identify the Downtown service area
- Activate public space
- Add color and vitality to the Downtown streetscapes
- Publicize a diverse range of events, activities, and attractions drawing people into Downtown Helena
There are two types of brackets and bracket arms which may need repair during installation and throughout the year due to weather conditions:
- brackets and arms for the large cobra street lighting
- arms for the decorative street poles
The large cobra lights have one set of brackets and arms; the decorate lights have two sets of arms affixed into the actual pole.
There are three sizes of banners: 30 x 94-inch banners for the large street poles; 15 x 25 3/4” on the decorative poles; and the Great Northern Town Center.
The successful bidder will be responsible for providing the following service(s):
- Repairing light pole fixtures and brackets on an as needed basis
- Changing the banners
- The HBID has two seasonal banners
- Winter (typically end of October beginning of November)
- Summer (typically April)
- We also offer a program where outside agencies can hang banners in the district and are reviewed on a first come first serve basis. To date this has included only Governors Cup banners.
- There are approximately 144 total banners when all are changed out
- The HBID has two seasonal banners
Schedule of Events
The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
|RFP Released||January 16, 2020|
|Proposal Due Date||February 28, 2020|
|Intended Date for Contract Award||Mid-March 2020|
The Helena Business Improvement Districts budget for the project is $1200-$1500 per installation including repairs and maintenance. Please provide in your bid the cost per pole installation.
The Helena Business Improvement District will rate proposals based on the following factors, with cost being the most important factor:
- Responsiveness to the requirements set forth in the Request for Proposal
- Relevant past performance/experience
- Samples of work
- Cost, including a breakdown of cost per pole
The Helena Business Improvement District reserves the right to award the bidder that presents the best value of the HBID as determined solely by the HBID in its absolute discretion.