The Helena Business Improvement District (HBID) and Downtown Helena Inc. (DHI) advocates, works, and partners with local merchants, the City of Helena, and other organizations to create and promote Helena by attracting and engaging local community and visitors to experience our unique downtown charm whether it be to work, play, and/or invest.
Currently seeking an Operations Director Downtown Helena. Job posted 5.14.20. Open until filled.
Downtown Helena Inc. (“DHI”) seeks a full-time Operations Director to implement marketing and events in Downtown Helena.
Title: Operations Director
Reports To: DHI Board of Directors
Position: Regular, full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $40,000 – $48,000
Benefits: Health, retirement, downtown parking pass, phone stipend
The Operations Director will be principally responsible for the marketing and production of DHI events in the Downtown district. The position’s division of responsibility likely will be 75% to events, with a budget mostly coming from sponsorships, and 25% marketing and membership, with the budget coming from the Business Improvement District (“BID”) and sponsors. The Operations Director will work with the BID’s Executive Director through a Contract for Services and Memorandum of Understanding between DHI and the BID.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Implementation of marketing effort, including advertising contracts, in kind and donated advertising, posters, brochures, public appearances, and electronic media
- Active recruitment of members, to include contacting new businesses, renewals of existing members, and preparation of membership packets
- Plan and coordinate an annual retreat, events, and committee meetings
- Directly assumes all human resource duties related to seasonal event staff and volunteers
- Manages the annual Downtown Helena calendar
- Prepares and distributes an Annual Report to publicize the accomplishments of DHI
- Develop and maintain an accurate database of businesses and build relationships
- Develop and maintain gift card program
- Provide board planning and support, to include agendas, meeting notices and reports as requested
- Shared responsibility for keeping the website and social media networks updated and current
- Serve as the primary contact for all community and media relations pertaining to events
A 4-year degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience in related fields. Non-profit work experience preferred. Proven skills in communication, program operation, event execution, and fundraising.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively organize and manage time
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, members community groups and the public
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Capability to maintain Web site with regular updates
- Layout and design skills for weekly eblasts and brochure development
- Understanding of social media as promotional tool
- Ability to travel occasionally when required for job functions and training
- Ability to ask for funding support
- Strong marketing skills in media placement, design, and promotion
- Strong salesmanship skills
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and diffusing conflicts
- Experience with professional organization administration and human resource management
- Basic financial understanding (P&L and budget)
- Website (WordPress) experience desired
- Some weekend, evening and early morning time required. At times, this may be extensive
- Physical demands include standing, sitting, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling
- Will need to able to work in inclement weather when required
- Must have or attain a current Montana Driver’s License
How to apply and Deadline:
Position is open until filled; first review of candidates will be the week of June 15, 2020. Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three professional references via email to: [email protected] Please type “Operations Director” in the subject line of the email.
Downtown Helena Inc.’s mission is to promote and publicize Downtown Helena in our community; encourage and develop a spirit of cooperation among members; establish and develop cooperative advertising and promotional campaigns activities; foster favorable public relations for Downtown Helena in various communities, organizations and agencies in the area served by Downtown Helena.