Business Opportunites for Property Owners
The Business Improvement District provides property owners opportunities to enhance their property through a variety of programs and services.
- The Façade Grant was initiated in 2018 and is available annually through an application process which is due April 15.
- The Parklet Grant was initiated in 2021 and is available annually.
The term “parklet” originated in 2005 in the city of San Francisco to describe the conversion of a parking space into a small public open space.
Why Build a Parklet?
Cost-effective way to activate streets
Create vibrant neighborhoods
Promote economic vitality
Additional information on Parklets can be found by clicking this link and this link.
Blackfoot Brewing was the first Helena successful Parklet (summer 2022).
Parklet Program Application is through the City of Helena.
Click on the following links for more information on the City of Helena’s Parklet Program.
Non-exclusive Right-of-Way Permit Conditions – Parklets
The BID offers financial assistance to off set costs associated with the City’s application process.
BID Grant Application
The Helena Business Improvement District (HBID) Façade Improvement Grant (FIG) program is designed to promote the improvement of commercial and multi-use properties in the Business Improvement District by helping property owners upgrade, rehabilitate, and preserve the facades of eligible structures in Historic Downtown Helena. The FIG program aims to make revitalization efforts affordable by providing matching grant funds up to $5000.
Application deadline is April 15 annually.
We award end of April beginning of May annually.
Guidelines for Improvements
Design Guidelines for Improvements in DT Helena HD
Helena Façade Easements List of Buildings
|Summary of Project Applicants|
|Project Estimates||$ 547,103.95|
|Requested Amount||$ 91,623.00|
|Total Awarded||$ 44,983.00|
|Total Available||$ 47,500.00|
The work of the façade program has seen national and international recognition.
- World Community Development Conference, Dundee, Scotland (June 2019)
- National Main Street Conference, Seattle, WA (March 2019)
- Montana Association of Planners, Chico Hot Spring, MT (September 2019)
- Community Development Society (2019)
- Community Development Journal publication (online version published November 1, 2020) Read it Beyond the Façade layering downtown spillover investment.
Additional articles on the program: