Business Opportunites for Property Owners
The Business Improvement District provides property owners opportunites to enhance their property through a variety of programs and services.
- The Facade Grant was initated in 2018 and is available annually through an application process which is due April 15.
- The Parklet Grant was initated in 2021 and is available annually.
- The Business Development opportunity is new in 2022. For more information on how to access this funds, please contact the Executive Director, Micky Zurcher.
The term “parklet” originated in 2005 in the city of San Francisco to describe the conversion of a parking space into a small public open space.
Why Build a Parklet?
Cost-effective way to activate streets
Create vibrant neighborhoods
Promote economic vitality
Parklet Program Application is throught the City of Helena.
Click on the following links for more information on the City of Helena’s Parklet Program.
The BID offers financial assistance to off set costs associated with the City’s application process.
The Helena Business Improvement District (HBID) Façade Improvement Grant (FIG) program is designed to promote the improvement of commercial and multi-use properties in the Business Improvement District by helping property owners upgrade, rehabilitate, and preserve the facades of eligible structures in Historic Downtown Helena. The FIG program aims to make revitalization efforts affordable by providing matching grant funds up to $5000.
Application deadline is April 15 annually.
We award end of April beginning of May annually.
Guidelines for Improvements
|Summary of Project Applicants|
|Project Estimates||$ 547,103.95|
|Requested Amount||$ 91,623.00|
|Total Awarded||$ 44,983.00|
|Total Available||$ 47,500.00|
The work of the façade program has seen national and international recognition.
- World Community Development Conference, Dundee, Scotland (June 2019)
- National Main Street Conference, Seattle, WA (March 2019)
- Montana Association of Planners, Chico Hot Spring, MT (September 2019)
- Community Development Society (2019)
- Community Development Journal publication (online version published November 1, 2020) Read it Beyond the Facade layering downtown spillover investment.
Additional articles on the program: