Alive at Five is back this summer in the form of Revive at Five!
Scroll down to learn more about how and when we’re going to safely kick off this annual concert series. More information to come soon, so be sure to keep checking in.
The Helena Business Improvement District, Downtown Helena Inc., Community Crate, Kevin League Photography, and Vigilante Shuttles & Tours welcome you to our open house block party on April 24 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our headquarters, now known as The Trailhead.
The BID and DHI are excited to show you the new office location, and we are fortunate to have partnered with Community Crate, Kevin League Photography, and Vigilante Shuttle’s & Tours to create an inviting, community space. We are The Trailhead for all things downtown.
BID and DHI will have staff on hand to welcome you and look forward to showcasing the work we do for the downtown community. While you’re here hanging with us at The Trailhead open house, you can:
- Purchase downtown Helena Nuggets and learn about the program.
- Sign up for equipment rentals for your summer events.
- Learn about Revive at Five, Window Art Walk, and other DHI/BID-hosted events.
- Learn about the upgrades to downtown beatification this spring including trees on the 300 block, new trash receptacles in historic downtown, and new spring/summer banners.
- Learn about our banner program and how you can showcase your event.
FREE BEER from Ten Mile and Blackfoot will be available, as well as free cookies from Cassadoodles. Vendors from Community Crate will also be set up next to the Missionary Food Truck, with music from our next-door neighbor, Great Divide Cyclery’s The Garage. We are a one-for-four stop and can not wait to host you on April 24!
Finally, tell us what you LOVE about Downtown Helena and be entered into a drawing for a cool gift basket full of goodies from all four of us.
The Spring Window Art Walk is coming back on May 14th!
Since we can’t quite safely get together just yet, we’ll be again supporting local downtown businesses and artists here in Helena. And what better way to do so than to show off our business storefronts and great local artistic talent we have right here.
The theme for this year will be Adventure Safely.
This is an opportunity to showcase our local artists, your business, and connect with the community that supports us all. This year we’re giving out some great prizes as well. The winning artist will get $200, while the winning business will receive a $300 membership for free in 2021.
Artists are asked to have their art up on window fronts by May 12th so that we can provide social media exposure to your art and that of the business front.
The deadline to apply is April 30th. Please sign up using the form below. In the meantime, here are some tips and advice about window painting:
- This 11 min video makes window painting look easy
- Clean the outer glass surface.
- Start with a base white/eggshell layer to cover the entire painted surface.
- Add elements on top of the white/eggshell surface.
- Let each layer dry.
- Use black paint as an outline upon finishing.
- We recommend purchasing 4-6 bottles of paint (White, Black, and Primary Colors) and a variety of foam brushes, as well as Windex, paper towels, marker and tape, and paint cups (Solo cups can work).
- We will not be providing ladders or protective gear.
- It is your responsibility to clean your work area of any materials or trash.
July 7, 2021 - August 25, 2021 11:30 pm - 2:00 am
Alive at Five is coming back this summer, just with a slight name change!
Revive at Five will kick off on July 7th and run every Wednesday, from 5:30 pm to 8 pm, until August 25th.
We’re still working on lining up vendors for this season, as well as ways that we can better involve our downtown businesses and nonprofits. So keep checking in on this page and follow our Facebook and Instagram channels for more information. We’ll also be doing all we can to ensure the safety of this community and our attendees to this event.
All bands for the 2021 season have been booked. We’ll make an announcement soon, so stay tuned.
For now, though, here’s the full listing of dates and locations for the 24th season of Revive at Five:
- Wednesday, July 7: Anchor & Pioneer Parks (near the library)
- Wednesday, July 14: Anchor & Pioneer Parks (near the library)
- Wednesday, July 21: Anchor & Pioneer Parks (near the library)
- Wednesday, July 28: Anchor & Pioneer Parks (near the library)
- Wednesday, August 4: Women’s Park (near the fire station)
- Wednesday, August 11: Women’s Park (near the fire station)
- Wednesday, August 18: Hill Park (near the fire station)
- Wednesday, August 25: Women’s Park (near the fire station)
Vendors: The application for vendors is now live; please apply HERE by Monday, April 5th.
Partner and Sponsors: We’re reaching out for the support of our amazing, local businesses. You can learn more and see the full listing of benefits HERE.
Helena Non-Profits: We’re currently accepting applications to showcase your work, so please reach out to Mike Rooney at [email protected] for more information.