We have a lot going on this Fall and Holiday season!
- Septemberfest Soap Box Derby on Saturday, September 25th
- Kids’ Fall Festival on Saturday, October 16th
- Fall Art Walk on Friday, November 12th
- Parade of Lights on Friday, November 26th
- Deck the Halls starts on Friday, November 26th
Downtown Helena, Inc. and Point S Tire & Auto are excited to announce the First Annual Septemberfest Soapbox Derby on Saturday, September 25th!
To register your soap box car, visit the full website HERE.
Soap Box Derby Car Specs
- Vehicles must have 1 driver, and up to 2 pushers. Pushing must happen from the back and for only a portion of the course (approx 80 feet)
- Vehicles can be no more than 4 feet wide, 5 feet tall, and 10 feet long.
- Vehicles can weigh no more than 200 pounds, excluding the driver.
- Vehicles must have fully functioning brakes and steering. Braking with feet is prohibited. Brakes can’t be on the steering axle and must be connected to and operate at least 2 of the wheels.
- Prefab vehicles or modified prefab vehicles are prohibited.
Schedule of Events
- 3:00 pm: Racing heats start.
- The course will start on Cruse Ave next to the Chamber of Commerce, then proceed down 6th Ave to end at Last Chance Gulch.
- 4:00 pm: Beer garden open
- Sample some amazing Oktoberfest-style beers from local breweries at our beer garden in Constitution Park.
- 5:30 pm: Goldy Vox plays downtown.
- This Indie pop cover band will be cranking out the tunes all evening.
- 6:30 pm: Award ceremony
- Fastest car. Funniest car. Best-designed car. Just a few of the awards available thanks to Point S Tire & Auto.
- 8:00 pm: Conclusion of event
It’s going to be a fun race day, and even better we’ll have amazing food available from the following local food trucks:
We’ll also be showcasing local Helena non-profits throughout the day, so be sure to check out their stand to learn more about how they’re serving the Helena community:
- Helena Area Community Foundation
- Life Houses
- Montana Free Press.
- Prickly Pear Land Trust
- Wild Montana
Finally, we could use help from our downtown businesses in pulling this off! We have some great sponsorship opportunities and fun ways to show off your support during the event, so click on the following link Septemberfest Sponsorship_2021 to download the sponsorship and benefits listing.
The Pumpkin Patch is coming back!
Get ready for the return of DHI’s annual Kids’ Fall Festival on Saturday, October 16th, from 10am to 1pm.
We’ll have pumpkins ready for kids to pick up and some fun kid activities planned. Be sure to keep an eye on this page for the full listing of participating vendors and activities.
Little Tykes Trick or Treat is returning this year on Friday, September 29th, from 1-5 pm.
Don’t want to have to change your kid out of their costume when they get back from school that Friday? Well, we have you covered then. Take them downtown for Helena’s annual Little Tykes Trick or Treat after picking them up from school while also supporting our local businesses.
The full listing of participating businesses will be up soon.
The Helena Fall Art Walk is coming back on Friday, November 12th!
Be sure to come downtown to experience and support all that our local community has to offer, from art galleries and their talented artists. to small businesses and vendors, to breweries and wineries, to bars and restaurants. Everything that Helena has to offer will be available later than usual this evening.
So grab a drink, grab a friend, and explore the artistic side that Helena has to offer on this night.
For our downtown businesses, if you wish to participate and be listed on our site, please fill out the following form:
2021 Fall Art Walk RegistrationDowntown Helena Inc. is searching for hosts for the annual Fall Art Walk. Hosts will coordinate with the artist(s) of their choosing. Providing food and beverage is encouraged.
Santa Clause is coming back to town with the return of Helena’s annual Parade of Lights on Friday, November 26th!
Grab your warmest coat, a blanket, and possibly a cup of hot chocolate to watch our parade as it makes its way down Last Chance Gulch to Anchor Park. Then hang around a bit longer to take in the lighting of the Fire Tower at 8 pm.
The annual tradition is coming back and we couldn’t be happier for this merry event!
Parade of Lights Poster Contest
Keep an eye on this section in the month to come to learn more about our annual poster contests. Artists are encouraged to submit their most festive designs to be voted on by the Helena community.
Want to be part of the parade?
Then simply fill out the form below and we’ll be in contact with further details:
2021 Parade of Lights Registration
November 26, 2021 - December 17, 2021
Downtown Helena’s annual Deck the Halls holiday decorating contest is happening again this year!
Downtown local businesses are asked to decorate their storefronts this holiday season, with full decorations up by Friday, November 26th, in time for the annual Parade of Lights. Voting will then start on December 3, with the winner announced on Friday, December 17. The top three businesses as voted by Helena will receive free DHI memberships for 2022 at the following levels:
- First Place: Community Champions (Premium Level) worth $750
- Second Place: Helena Heroes (Advanced Level) worth $500
- Third Place: Downtown Defenders (Standard) worth $300
Simply fill out the form below to submit your business: