Find gold in these hills with your last chance at getting that perfect gift for a family, friend, or random acquaintance with our brand new Downtown Helena Nuggets.
Downtown Helena Nuggets are the best way to not only shop for your family and friends but also support local downtown businesses while doing so.
WHAT ARE DOWNTOWN HELENA NUGGETS?
Nuggets are cash for cash bills that come in $10 and $25 denominations. Think of them as a gift card in the form of Monopoly money that you can use at participating businesses. Designed by Helena’s very own David Goodson, and printed in-town at Allegra Marketing, these bills make a great gift to family and friends looking to support local businesses.
WHICH BUSINESSES ACCEPT NUGGETS?
The following businesses currently accept Downtown Helena Nuggets:
- Aunt Bonnie’s Books (419 N Last Chance Gulch)
- Beargrass Trading Company (417 N Last Chance Gulch)
- Big Sky Cyclery (801 N Last Chance Gulch)
- Birds & Beasleys (2 S Last Chance Gulch St)
- Blackfoot River Brewing Co (66 S Park Ave)
- Carroll Saintes Shoppe (1601 N Benton Ave)
- Eureka! (38 S Last Chance Gulch)
- Ghost Art Gallery (21 S Last Chance Gulch)
- Grandstreet Theatre (325 N Park Ave)
- Great Divide Cyclery (336 N Jackson St)
- Gulch Distillers (790 Front Street)
- The Hawthorn Bottle Shop & Tasting Room (46 N Last Chance Gulch)
- HUB Coffee (314 N Last Chance Gulch)
- JMAC’s Pottery (411 N Last Chance Gulch)
- Lasso The Moon Toys (25 S Last Chance Gulch)
- Martin’s Wines (21 N Last Chance Gulch #101)
- Montana Book Company (331 N Last Chance Gulch)
- Montana Outdoor Sports (708 N Last Chance Gulch)
- The Painted Pot (333 N Last Chance Gulch)
- PanHandler Plus (40 S Last Chance Gulch St)
- Silver Star Steak Company (833 Great Northern Blvd)
- Taco Del Sol (21 N Last Chance Gulch #103)
- Ten Mile Creek Brewery (48 N Last Chance Gulch)
- Wild Child Collective (429 N Last Chance Gulch)
If your business wants to accept Nuggets, please let us know and we can add you to the list. Once we add you, we’ll also drop off marketing materials to your business (featured below).
HOW DO NUGGETS HELP LOCAL BUSINESSES?
We wanted this program to be hyper-local, from the design to the printing to how they’re used downtown. We also wanted to avoid another type of gift card that has too many rules attached to it. So we created these Nuggets in order to keep money circulated downtown and thereby support our local businesses. It ensures that the support of our local businesses stay downtown and keeps this part of town, the heart of Helena, vibrant and thriving.
Every dollar spent on Nuggets is another dollar going towards our local downtown businesses. It ensures that our downtown area continues to be accessible, walkable, and open to both visitors and locals alike.
For participating businesses, you can give change in the form of your own gift cards to ensure that the money continues to stay downtown.
WHERE AND HOW CAN I PURCHASE NUGGETS?
You can purchase Nuggets at our office at 330 N Jackson Street, right between CrossCurrents and Great Divide Cyclery. We’re open from 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday.
You can also purchase nuggets at the downtown Valley Bank branch at 321 Fuller Ave.
We accept cash or check for the purchasing of Downtown Helena Nuggets, which come in $10 and $25 denominations.
PAYMENT FOR PARKING TICKETS
Finally, we’re excited to announce that you can even use Nuggets to pay for parking tickets.
Yes, you read that correctly. Thanks to support from the City of Helena, the parking commission will now accept Nuggets as a form of payment for parking tickets. So hold onto $10 bills if you ever forget to extend your parking time!
We also want to thank Northwestern Energy for their gracious donation towards printing the Downtown Helena Nuggets.